Welterweight23-3-1-1 : a product of the "big 10" conference's Purdue Boilermaker's Jon Fitch is perhaps the most dominant fighter on the list to never hold a mixed martial arts belt. Known for a tireless wrestling-dominated style, Fitch has been the poster boy for fan's "lay and pray" criticism over the last few years. Although his style is questionably boring, the effectiveness of it is not. Wins over such prestigious fighter's as Thiago Alves (twice), Paulo Thiago, Diego Sanchez, Akhiro Ghono, and Ben Saunders and an impressive record of 13-1 in the UFC, with his only loss coming to GSP, it is no wonder the AKA trained fighter has managed spot number 7 on our list. (GS)
Love him or hate him, his no nonsense wrestling approach wins him few fans but gains him a lot of "W"'s. Thirteen wins inside the octagon is as impressive as more or less anyone, his only defeat coming at the hands of P4P No.1 GSP. (Addicted)
- Strong wrestling skills and overall toughness.
- His amazing record of 13-1-1 in the UFC.
- His controversial draw with BJ Penn at UFC 127.
- Defeating Thiago Alves twice, including an upkick KO of the Brazilian at Ultimate Fight Night 5.
- Defeating Paulo Thiago via UD at UFC 100.
- Defeating Diego Sanchez via UD at UFC 76.
- Coming under fire for his fighting style, which many refer to as, "lay and pray".